Skip to content ↓

Home Schooling

If you are moving to another school, what do I need to do? 

If you move to another school within the borough, you need to go to the Waltham Forest Website 

You will need to complete the in-year application form with the school/schools of your choice.  

If there is a space available within the school, the Borough will confirm this, and you must inform us of the move. This will include the date your child is leaving us and what school they are attending. 

If they are moving within the Borough, we will expect your child to attend school until they start at the new school as this is a legal requirement.  

If you are moving to another borough, then the process is the same as above, except you will make the application through the borough you are moving to. 

It is important that this is done as soon as possible as it is a legal requirement for children to be in school. 

If you need support with the application, please contact the Attendance Officer for your child’s year group.  

If I am moving abroad, what do I need to do? 

  • If you are moving abroad, the information that we require is: 

  • Forwarding address 

  • School Name and address 

  • Flight Itinerary  


You must also inform Waltham Forest of your move.