Starting School Information - last updated July 2020
Woodside Primary Academy
We are delighted that you and your child are joining Woodside Primary Academy. We are part of the family of schools which form the REAch2 Primary Academy Trust.
On behalf of the Staff, Governors, children and parents, it gives me great pleasure to welcome you and your family to our school community.
We hope that the information on this page will answer many of the questions that you have about your child starting school with us. Further details will be sent to you regarding your child's induction in to school.
Introduction to Woodside Primary Academy (Reception)
You can download a PDF version of this slide show below.
For our virtual tours please visit our Admissions section in About Us or click on the link to go straight there: https://www.woodsideprimaryacademy.com/page/?title=Virtual+Tours&pid=772
Frequently asked questions
The information below is based on normal school practices outside of the current pandemic
Will I need to complete a school admissions form if I have a confirmed place for my child at Woodside already?
Yes – All schools have to keep their own pupil records. The school admissions pack will be emailed to you to complete and return back to the school by email.
Will I have a chance to come in to school with my child before September?
- No - Due to the current Pandemic caused by COVI-19 we are unable to invite parents on site for our normal year group welcome meetings and play days.
- You will be invited to a small group settling in session in September this year (Nursery and Reception parents).
- Social distances will apply. Please bring along a face covering in case this is required in September.
When will I find out the name of my child’s class teacher and which class they will be?
Your child’s class teacher and class name will be shared with you before your child starts school.
What date will my child start school?
- Your child will start school in the first few weeks of September or if an in year application has been made, as soon as we receive confirmation from the local authority and your Woodside admissions pack has been completed.
- Nursery - All children in the nursery will settle in to ‘Nursery life’ for an hour or two each day until they are ready to do all their hours.
- Reception - Most children will start part-time on their first day and will do full school days from the second day of school. For some children a longer settling in plan will be needed. All children in Years 1 to 6 start full-time, unless other arrangements have been discussed with you prior.
Where can I get the school uniform list from?
- The school website has a list of the required school uniform in the Parent tab, please follow the link http://www.woodsideprimaryacademy.com/page/?title=Uniform&pid=85
- School uniform can be ordered through Speedstitch. For more information please visit the uniform section of our website http://www.woodsideprimaryacademy.com/page/?title=Uniform&pid=85
How do I order a school meal for my child?
- We are a cash free school so all payments are completed through the school online ARBOR management system. The school will create an account for you.
- We ask all parents to also complete the Waltham Forest Free School Meal Entitlement check. Please click the link to visit the Waltham Forest government website http://www.walthamforest.gov.uk/Pages/Services/Education-grants-free-school-meals.aspx
How can I apply for Breakfast Club and After School club place for my child in years Reception to Year 6?
- You will need to indicate your request for a place by ticking the box on the school admission form. This will reserve a space for your child September. Confirmation will be emailed out to you.
- Breakfast club starts at 7.30am until the children are collected by their teachers or taken to meet their class teacher outside in the playground.
- After school club runs from when school finishes until 6pm sharp.
- Both clubs are charged at a fixed rate.
Please email the school with any starting school enquires:
- Reception and Years 1 to 6: firstname.lastname@example.org