Fantastic governors update re: Ofsted visit!
The latest good news has come with a visit at the beginning of term from one of Her Majesty’s Inspectors of Schools (HMI), Andrew Wright. This was a routine monitoring inspection, paid to the school because we are now classified as Requires Improvement (RI). Mr Wright was impressed with what he saw! He confirmed that Woodside had addressed all the recommendations for further improvement that were highlighted in the Ofsted report. He also indicated that we now have all the building blocks in place to work towards a Good or even Outstanding Ofsted judgement.
A few of these are as follows:
- Our continuous assessment information ensures that every single pupil in every year, regardless of his or her needs, will receive as much help and support as needed to bring out the best in him or her
- We have expanded and strengthened the Senior Leadership Team that will support the rapid improvement of the academy
- Our middle leaders are receiving regular support to develop their skills further
- We have appointed many more teachers; some classes now have two teachers and all the teaching staff are regularly monitored and supported
- Our Autistic Spectrum Provision (ASP) has been strengthened through reorganisation and a closer working relationship with specialists at the Whitefield School
The governors are thrilled with the judgements and are sure you will be pleased that your children are now guaranteed the best education Woodside can give them, thanks to the vision and drive of Mr Tewes and all the staff.
Mr Wright’s full letter can be viewed on the Ofsted website – just follow the link below.